Volunteering to Learn – Nepal
Volunteer in Nepal – Homestay Program, English Teaching, Organic Farming, Orphanage Support & more…
Volunteer and Learn Nepal is a non-profit, non-governmental organization solely funded and sustained through volunteer fees. We appreciate the economic sacrifices volunteers make to visit and travel in Nepal, so we attempt to keep our fees as low as possible.
The program fee should be paid to us upon your arrival in Kathmandu. If you would like to transfer money in to our bank account we will email you bank details.
Expenses for an individual volunteer (in Euros)
Registration Fee: 10 Euros
- 1 week € 200
- 2 week € 275
- 3 week € 350
- 4 week € 425
- 5 week € 500
- 6 week € 575
- 7 week € 650
- 8 week € 725
- 3 months € 900
- 4 months € 1050
- 5 months € 1200
- 6 months € 1350
The above cost includes the following:
- Airport pickup and drop
- Language and cultural training
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Specialised training for your chosen program
- Land Transportation to and from village placement
- Accommodation and meals during training period in Kathmandu
- Accommodation and meals with your host family during the placement
- Accommodation and meals for one day before departure
- 24 hours Volunteer supervision and office administration
- Legal Service
- Scholarship and sponsorship for orphanage children and deprived children
You will be responsible for your flight tickets to Nepal and visa fees as follows:
- US $25 – 15 days multiple entry touist visa fees
- US $40 – 30 days multiple entry tourist visa fees
- US $40 – per month thereafter, for a maxium of 5 months of stay
Any time you spend in Nepal outside the duration of your training and placement and any trips or activities you arrange in your spare time you will have to pay for yourself, although we can help you to plan these.
Program fees don’t include:
- Visa/Visa extension fee
- Traveling and other expenses out of the placement during weekends
- Air Tickets (Domestic/International)
- Airport departure Tax from Nepal( About $30 US dollars)
- Insurance (Health/Accident)
- Laundry service
- Bar Bills
- Telephone Calls (Domestic/International)
- The program fees can be paid in local currency, or any other foreign currencies which can be exchanged in Nepal, like US Dollar, Euros, Pound Sterling, Swiss Frank, Australian Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Japanese Yen, Canadain Dollar, etc.
- Full payment should be paid at the registration period, upon arrival at Kathmandu.
Refund and Cancellation policy:
- The Registration fee is nonrefundable.
- 1 to 4 weeks placements is non-refundable
- Afterwards, 50 % is refundable if you want to cancel before starting the program
- We can also arrange the change in your placement upon your interests, but only after first 4 weeks. If you want to change your placement after the first 4 weeks, you will be charged extra 20 Euros for this purpose.
We’re in the process of seeking both financial and technical assistance from various organizations to support our work. If you’re interested in making a donation or sponsoring a particular program or project, please contact us. We are particularly interested in raising money towards scholarships for educating orphaned children.